How to Create Your Own 30 Days of Biking Event
Because the organizers of this global event live in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, our signature ride is here in the Twin Cities. However, we encourage you to organize your own kickoff ride, potentially in partnership with local cycling organizations, to get others around you involved.
Group rides are essential to the 30 Days of Biking experience — meeting new friends, sharing fun times. While social media and our bike love connect us all, every year we depend on people like you — around the world — to make the most direct impact, where your community of joyful cyclists lives. In person is where the magic happens.
Here are some tips for setting up a successful group ride:
- We recommend creating a Facebook event to promote your ride. Make sure it includes a clear starting location and start time.
- Invite all of your friends—and if you want, encourage your friends to invite their friends.
- Put up flyers for your ride in local hang-outs. This will ensure that people who don't use social media can attend, too!
- Ride! Choose a pace that accommodates your group and ensure nobody is left behind. It’s all about the journey, not the destination.
- Document the event by taking photos. Make sure to post them on Facebook, or under the hashtag #30DaysofBiking.
2023 Minneapolis-Saint Paul Kickoff Ride (April 1, 2023, 12 p.m., Graze Provisions + Libations)
Join us in celebrating the return of 30 Days of Biking in 2023 with an easy-paced ride down the Mississippi River! This family-friendly event is all about building community and making new friends, so bring your bike and come along.
The route will be short (max 4 miles round trip) and will focus on paths and the river to keep everyone together. We'll be riding at a leisurely pace, so don't worry about speed. All bikes are welcome!
Please bring a bike light in case you head home after dark, a bike lock to keep your bike safe at the meetup and destination, and some cyan clothing to match the 30 Days of Biking logo.
We're grateful to Graze Provisions + Libations in the North Loop neighborhood of Minneapolis for hosting our kickoff ride. RSVP on our Facebook event